There is a lot of bad weight loss information on the internet. Much of what is recommended is questionable at best, and not based on any actual science. However, there are several natural methods that have actually been proven to work.
When you lose weight, your body fights back.
You may be able to lose quite a lot of weight at first, without much effort.
However, weight loss may slow down or stop altogether after a while.
Weight loss is a $40 billion dollar a year industry. Advertisers lure us with images of a healthy and happy life spent running along the beach with the sun shining overhead, then heading home to eat our grapefruit and take our diet supplement. Unfortunately, the reality of long-term weight loss is a lot more complex and involves learning a new set of life skills.
In 2007-8, 34% of the US adult population was overweight and 34% was obese, according to figures from the Centers for Disease Control. Being overweight, especially having excess abdominal fat and insulin resistance, the so called “metabolic syndrome,” conveys increased risk for Type II diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart attack or stroke.
Studies suggest that dieting alone doesn’t work for long-term weight loss. In one study, less than 20% of obese participants were able to lose 5% body weight and keep it off for 5 years. One reason for this seems to be the body’s natural tendency to maintain body weight when food is scarce to prevent starvation.
Weight Loss Therapy – According to the Cochrane review, which synthesizes results of the most recent methodologically sound research, increasing the length or intensity of the psychological components of a weight loss intervention significantly improves patient outcomes.
Laser Therapy – by stimulating specific acupuncture points in the ear will suppress your appetite, control your hunger cravings, speed up your metabolism and enhance your current diet and exercise program.
Laser treatments are safe, effective and have an 85-94% success rate, although individual results may vary.
- Speed up your metabolism
- Decrease your appetite
- Control your hunger cravings
- Increase your endorphin levels
The pounds and inches will take care of themselves.
Hypnotism – The answer lies within. Hypnotherapists believe you have everything you need to succeed. You don’t really need another crash diet or the latest appetite suppressant. Slimming is about trusting your innate abilities, as you do when you ride a bicycle. You may not remember how scary it was the first time you tried to bike, but you kept practicing until you could ride automatically, without thought or effort. Losing weight may seem similarly beyond you, but it’s just a matter of finding your balance.
Natural Path to Weight Loss
- Throw your scale out. Do not weigh yourself. Gauge your weight loss by the change in your clothes and your body.
- Make the goal be achieving and maintaining balance in your life. Balance your food, work, home, self, exercise, reactions to life and emotions.
- Work the program diligently for 24-36 months and expect consistent small results. A monthly 2 lb. weight loss equals 72 pounds in 36 months. This is a slow evolving experience, not a crash program. Have patience.
- Never give up. Successfully living this type of lifestyle requires persistence over a long period of time. It gets easier but you’ll be working at it for the rest of your life. You don’t just arrive and that is it. It is like brushing your teeth; it calls for attention on a daily basis.
- Be faithful with taking your nutritional supplements.
- Surround yourself with people who support you and your goals rather than undermine you.
- Regularly do something in your life that you love.